The Contest is open only to Xerox employees, Xerox employees. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
How to Enter
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG.
- The email must include the name, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- The deadline for Entries is midnight (April 20th).
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the HAPA (Hispanic Association for Professional Advancement). The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and to create “banner”, stickers pen, etc. Clean and Professional Look, also flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- While the logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes, it will not need to be shrunk for use as a Favicon.
- Because of the requirement to use the logo as a Service Mark, entrants should take care to ensure that their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images.
- The logo must also contain the word “HAPA”.
- A variant of the logo using the same basic design but with the addition of the words “Hispanic Association for Professional Advancement” will also considered.
- The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
- JPGs 1000 pixels square of the logo and “HAPA” variant are also requested so that entries can be posted to WSFS web sites without the need for conversion.
- The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually to Olga.Irizarry@xerox.com and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
- To recap, entry will consist of 4 files: the basic logo, and the “HAPA” variant, each in EPS and JPG format. We are able to handle most common file compression formats.
Hispanics – Latinos at Xerox Corporation USA
Winner will be announce on April 30th via e-mail, social media and in our website www.hapa.org
The winning designer will receive:
- A $150 check.
- A complimentary membership to HAPA from 2019-2020.
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of HAPA and may be displayed publicly on HAPA web sites.
- Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and HAPA in relation to the Contest.